Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wanna Bet?

Before I tell my story, there is something you might want to know about Calvin, just so that you aren't completely clueless about this guy.
We are really good friends. Like brother and sister. We agreed that we could never like each other. Yes, we've had a conversation about how it's impossible for us to crush on each other. He is really good friends with the hottie guys, and was best friends with Larry up until the point where Larry ditched him for the more popular people. Calvin is really sweet. Natalie used to like him. A lot. Because he's such a nice person.
Anyway, today, he proposed this: Whoever is the first [me or him] to get a boyfriend/girlfriend in high school and hold on to that said person for at least a week wins.

We haven't decided what the prize is for the winner. Or what the loser has to do.

This whole thing could go horribly wrong, but it kinda sounds like fun. What if the guy/girl found out we were using them to win a bet? I'm sure they wouldn't be thrilled. But, I already agreed to it. Besides, I need to start off my high school years doing something exciting, no?

Hunting for the "perfect guy" to win some cash. Or whatever the prize is. Maybe that's how I'll find the perfect guy...trying to win a bet.

Lol. Calvin is crazy. And I'm stupid for agreeing to this so-called "high school race". He's going to an all-boys Catholic high school, so it's gonna be tough for him to find that girl. And it's gonna be hard for me to, being that I'm going to SPS where hott guys aren't very abundant.

At first I felt kind of offended...I misinterpreted his proposal as "Ha you can't get a boyfriend to last with you for more than a week, so this is just a way to get me some cash and beat you!"
Because it is true. I haven't had a relationship longer than a week. Not even a school week. Which is five days. So yeah.

But he didn't mean it like that at all. It's just some friendly competition after all :)
And that means we are gonna have to keep in contact while in high school. That's nice. After all, I don't wanna drop all of my current friends.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oooh I'll root for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm shure you can make it! :D

Thanks for the comments, now I get to know your blog :D

I'm really starting to like it.

- Dream Out Loud!
. Raspberry