Today is World Youth Day, and all Catholics/Christian youths celebrated it by going to Sydney, Australia to see the pope. I couldn't afford to go [along with the rest of my church youth group], so we went to a mini-local version of it in my city. It was fun.
We started out driving in two cars - Ms. Kim [our supervisor], G, Brandy, and Xavier in one car, and me, my sister, John, and Megan and Hilary in the other. It was all chill, then we decided to stop for Sonic. While there, Xavier came over [remember, the big guy that helps me out when I'm watching scary movies?] came to our car and asked if Hilary would trade spots with him. She did, and he ended up next to me. We talked and had fun cuz he's nice, you know?
So we arrive at the church where the whole event is going down, and we arrive in the middle of the Gospel, so we quickly sat down. John [senior guy that kinda-ish asked me out] ends up sitting next to me. I was trying to concentrate on what the bishop guy was saying, but it was really hard. John kept nudging me and looking at me. Ehhhh....
Afterwards, we grabbed the lunch they gave us there. We weren't hungry, so we just picked at our food. There was a playground a few yards away, and I was like "Hey I wanna try that thingy over there!"
John was like "Okay let's go for it"
And so we did. It was like a thin bar that you had to try and walk across on. I almost made it, when John grabbed me and pulled me off, swinging me around. Hmmm... :] Then he tried doing it, and he didn't make it. I laughed and started walking off.
John: "Hey, look! There's something behind this building over here! Come on!"
What?! Was he trying to do what I thought it was? Either way, I ignored him and kept walking.
Time goes on...and it was time for the Christian worshipping concert. We were waiting in line, when John says "I'm gonna give you a really big hug." and he did. It hurt, and he didn't let go for a while.
In the concert, I was sitting next to him, but couldn't see so I moved up next to Xavier instead. I'm standing up [singing along], and then I get shivers down my spine...John starts giving me one of his signature yummy massages. It felt good. He kept whispering/yelling in my ear, but I never knew what he said because the music was too loud. I guess I'll never know?
I got really mad at the end though. We weren't supposed to leave until it was over [10:30], but we ended up leaving early because some of the people were being really whiny and wanted to go cuz they thought it was boring. We left two by two, so as not to make it too obvious that we were leaving, and me and Xavier were last. We were talking for a while, trying to stay as long as we could. We were both pissed cuz we wanted to stay until the end but couldn't.
In the car, I started falling asleep, so I leaned on Xavier. He didn't say anything - he just put his head on mine and we just sat there. Then he started talking about how the police caught him drinking, driving, and doing drugs. That's what makes me sad. I have a certain way of looking at him since I only see him at church, but it just kills me when I hear his stories about "getting silly" and getting caught by the cops. I wish he didn't do that.
When we were finally leaving, it was just me and my sister. She said, "Do you know that Xavier has a thing for you? I mean, I don't know if it's like he's trying to get with you, but he acts differently around you. He tells you stuff, and he's always nice when he's around you."
I've never noticed.
"Well, it's true. Why else do you think he asked Hilary to trade cars with him? I'm sure he didn't come into our car to talk to me, John, or Megan. He came for you and no one else."
I didn't realize that. Besides, I'd never get with him because he drinks and does drugs. It's true. I wish he didn't do that stuff.
"I agree. But I'm not gonna stop you. Like I said, I don't know what it is, but there's something he sees in you. Just as long as he never drinks or does drugs around you, or makes you do it, I'm okay with it."
I'm confused.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i wonder what john was whispering to you!!!! sneaky....
Post a Comment