Last night was hectic.
I was busy making small preparations for my quinceanera, when I started feeling really sick.
I was watching Picture This! on ABC Family, so I went to my room instead and lay on the bed to finish the movie.
Then, out of the blue, my 11-year-old brother barged into my room.
"Where's the camera! Tia is asking for it! I need it now!" [Tia means aunt in spanish :] Couldn't he be annoying some other time? I really wasn't feeling well at all.
"I'm coming! Just wait, please, please, just wait. I feel really dizzy." I sat up slowly, and I felt as if the whole world was spinning into a dizzying swirl of colors.
I tried getting up, and it was really difficult. I made it to the door, then began to trip. Over what, though? There was nothing in my way, and I wasn't tripping over my own feet. I had never felt this sensation before. I walked through my house, grasping the walls as tears ran down my cheeks. I was freaking out, scared, and worried. What was happening to me? Every time I tried to look straight, my eyes criss-crossed and my legs went out from under me. The only thing that kept me from collapsing on the floor completely were the fortunate arrangements of furniture.
My brother came out of the computer room and saw me, pale, falling, and with tears streaming down my face.
"Alice, are you okay! What's wrong? MOM! DAD! Alice is dying!!!" He yelled. My parents bolted out of their room quickly, finding me leaning against a table in my mom's sewing room.
"Honey, que tienes? What's going on?!" My mom was freaking out. I tried making out her facial expression but my eyes weren't cooperating. I collapsed into her arms, saying "Mom, there's nothing wrong with me. Ha. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine." I repeated over and over again.
"Are you kidding? You are not okay!" My mom turned towards my dad and motioned for him to take me back to my bed. His firm grip held me steady as I stumbled over my flimsy legs in an attempt to walk. By now, my brother and sister had joined my parents as they all rushed to my bed.
My dad gently lay me down on my bed, then I curled up into a little ball. I felt so woozy, so light-headed it was insane and I couldn't take it. I couldn't even move my head an inch without feeling like the whole world was crashing down on me. I felt so heavy, as if I weighed ten times my actual size. They all kept asking me what was wrong, but I could hardly explain. I just wanted it to be over.
Someone gave me an Advil PM, a drink of Vitamin Water, and a few moments later, I knocked out and didn't wake up until the next morning.
By then, I felt much better. I woke up, showered, and got ready for another day of summer school. I slipped on an outfit that I had worn many times before, then remembered the Lizzie McGuire Movie, where Kate [the mean girl], points to Lizzie and says : "LIZZIE MCGUIRE, YOU ARE AN OUTFIT REPEATER!!!" Oh well. I guess I was an outfit repeeater too. Haha.
In school, my friends and me were chatting away like every other morning before our teacher walked in. Up comes Eddy, the super-smart guy that is my age, kind of cute, hispanic [I know how you like those hispanic men, Natalie], and going into 10th grade.
-Hey, Tabitha! Remember that text message you sent me? That was sooo funny!- Eddy said. He sat on my desk, with his butt pretty much in my face...kinda uncomfortable.
-What text message? Can you send it to me Tabitha?- I asked her. I always like to have a good laugh.
-Nah, she don't need to send it to you. I got this. Just give me your number and I'll send it to you.- Eddy said. He took out his sleek, black Samsung touch screen, typed in my name, then handed it over for me to add my digits. I clicked "Done", then handed back the phone. A few seconds later, I received a text message from Eddy with the message Tabitha had sent him.
At first I thought nothing of it, but then I realized: was this a sneaky way for him to get my phone number?
Then I thought:
maybe I'm just over analyzing this situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you ok???
Post a Comment