It's official. My neighborhood is not safe.
Just a few moments ago, my mom came in yelling for us to go outside. We headed towards the corner of our block, where a bunch of people where gathering, both curious and afraid.
A big yellow helicopter was landing on the intersection of the back street. The pilots got off and made us step back - we were too close.
Moments later, an ambulance arrived, already occupied, followed by a lot of new sleek black police cars. They took up the space on the street, making us back up even further.
The pilots of the helicopter headed towards the ambulance. The peramedics of the ambulance were already up and about inside the back of the ambulance, where someone seemed to be laying. Not moving.
They moved about for a while, then got off and shut the doors of the ambulance. And stood there. Just stood there.
My mom finally decided it was time to come back home. She said that earlier, there was a lot of commotion behind our house, farther to the right. Ambulances coming back and forth.
She thinks that someone was murdered or injured EXTREMELY badly, and the ambulance came by. But the paramedics feared they wouldn't get back to the hospital on time - too much traffic. So they called the helicopter.
But by the time they both met up on the corner of our block --- it was too late.
That's my mother's theory. It seems quite reasonable. And crazy.
Other than today, twice someone has died a few houses down from mine. One, a careless man rammed his car into two other parked cars, started up a great fire that I witnessed early in the morning, when it was still dark. I cried.
The other time, it was early on a Sunday morning, I was on the computer, and I heard a loud screeching sound. Moments later, I step outside, where I see a car flipped over - a drugged girl dead. Thank God I didn't see her - my mom wouldn't let me get that close, and the ambulance was there before I could attempt to do so.
My neighborhood scares me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
alice! :(
Post a Comment