Sunday, December 7, 2008

Santa Pictures

This weekend was so full of events. I hardly had time to do homework. Which is bad, because midterms start this Saturday.

Anyway, on Saturday we had a soccer game against an all-girls school. Remember Sophie? Yeah, it was her and her school. We lost by one. Naturally, I was really pissed that we lost.

After the loss, I went to church for Santa Pictures. Our church group was in charge of them. It was okay. I just hung out with the guys mostly, because they are really sweet.

Then, I went to Lindsey's quinceanera. Natalie and Sydney were invited, but neither of them went L.

She dislikes me, I think. But her quinceanera was SO fun, I have to admit. She looked really pretty and it was all just pretty nice. Michael W., the guy from Taffy's place [you know who, right?] was there. You should've seen him dance. He thought he looked so damn cool, when really, it was just embarrassing for him. I felt so bad because I saw a lot of people laughing at him, the way he was just jerking his body trying to dance. Poor guy.

Then today this morning I went to church again for Santa Pictures.

And I talked to Xavier. I've mentioned him, the big guy before. And I've mentioned how he's [almost] an alcoholic and all of that shit. He had a huge scar on his arm, and he wouldn't tell me why he got it. He said that he didn't want me to think of him differently, but I got him to tell me anyway.

Basically, he was really drunk and with a bunch of whores [whom he cheated on his girlfriend with, by the way] on Thanksgiving day. His mom and sisters had left him alone at his house, and he just [naturally] started feeling shitty and depressed and lonely as hell. He started breaking bear bottles and shit, and tried to walk back to his house, when he just tripped and fell, cutting his arm open with glass. But he was so drunk that he didn't notice, until his homeboy took him back to his place and he crashed at his homeboy's till the next day. Of course, he went into a lot more detail, but I don't feel like explaining. I almost started crying.

He's really sweet at church, but outside, he's a different guy. He told me that if he ever saw me at the store while he was hanging with his homeboys, he'd ignore me and keep walking. I almost nearly cried when he told me that. I was like "Shit, are you fucking kidding?"

I mean, I guess I always knew that he would never say hi to me, because he'd look bad, but it sucks to actually hear it from him.

Anyway, he's just really screwed up basically. He was just venting to me, talking about how he tries not to drink but he can't help himself. And that he hopes I don't see him differently because of what he does when he's with his homeboys.

He's really a sweet guy. And vulnerable. But only around certain people. Including me. I just wish he was always like that and didn't put up this tough disguise around his homeboys. He intimidates everyone, doesn't let no one touch him, and he's such a BAMF at his school that he could knock someone's teeth out and no one would retaliate out of fear for him.

Yeah. That's X for ya. It depresses the hell out of me. I wish I could help him.

What else? Yeah, John, the senior, has a girlfriend and everything. But surprisingly, he talks to me more than he talks to her. He called me twice today because he was bored, when he could've called his girlfriend. But he's already explained to me how he's just dating her for the hell of it. He's really in love with this other girl that goes to LHS. And it was weird, because today while he was sitting next to his girlfriend, he started holding my hand – playfully at first, but then when I tried to get loose cuz I felt awkward, he wouldn't let go. I finally managed to pull away from him. I know for a fact that it meant nothing, but it was still awkward. His girlfriend is one extremely jealous bitch.

Yeah, so I don't know if this blog post was interesting or not. I really don't care actually. I just wanted to talk about Xavier to be honest. There's no one else I could tell except you guys because you guys don't know him personally.

I love you guys so much. Please take care of yourselves. And don't drink too much…no matter how good them Mojitos and Strawberry Daquiris may taste…

2 comments:

taffy. said...

poor xavier...

JOHN THAT FLIRT!


i'm glad you had fun at lindsey's.
oh, michael...

Natalie said...

xavier sounds like BAD NEWS BEARS!!