This has gotten really tough. Today marks the 16th day that I have gone without electricity in my home since the hurricane hit us.
It sucks. Major. The people across the street have electricity, the people on the street behind us have it too, but we don't. It drives me insane – going to school is hard. Waking up in the morning to shower and find everything in the dark with only a small flashlight as guidance.
Homework in the afternoon is another toughie – I have to sit outside to do it because there isn't enough light inside.
Oh, and SHAVING my legs hurts like hell. I keep cutting myself accidentally because I can't see right.
Just so you know, this is just a RANT. I'm frustrated. I haven't been able to sleep right because it gets so hot and stuffy inside our house during the night.
I've been offered to go sleep at other places while we get our power back, but that's not safe. Our alarm's batter is dead now too, so our house has no security. The other night, two random guys were trying to break in, but our dogs scared them off with their barking.
Ugh. I want this to be over soon.
Rant's over.

2 comments:
hon....
aww man i'm sorry alice. you could come stay with me, and leave the rest of your family to watch the house LOL. every man for himself! well, woman. haha.
Post a Comment