I'm really nervy right now.
The Hurricane should arrive sometimes tonight or really early Saturday. I'm not trembling with fear, but still, I fear. My family has never stayed to ride out a hurricane before. We've always ran off to some place a few hours away. But then again, it's been a while since a hurricane has been predicted to hit our city directly.
Our house windows are all boarded up, and we spent all of yesterday cleaning the yard and moving any loose and dangerous objects. Since school was canceled today, all we have left to do is patiently wait for the rain to begin.
My aunt, who lives across the street, will be coming to our house shortly. Her three kids [8 year old, 2 year old, and a 2 month old] are coming over as well. Her low-life scumbag of a husband is "working" right now. Working? Are you fucking kidding me? There's no work to be done! Only emergency workers are working right now – what the hell is he doing then, leaving his family all on their own? Not one window is boarded up in their home, and their roof is threatening to collapse. It will most likely do so as soon as the hurricane hits us.
And then, farther down the street, I have another aunt. And her family. And she's pregnant. And she was supposed to give birth within a week. Yet, she decided she doesn't want to evacuate. How on earth is a mother supposed to give birth to a baby during a hurricane? It's insane! My family is insane!
I'm so so nervous. My dad was telling us how his buddies said they'd never go through a hurricane ever again. Sticking through previous ones was nerve-racking: the trees whistling, gusts of wind threatening to tear your house down, the thunder, the lightning, the flying inanimate objects – good God I am scared. Hopefully we all manage to get out of this intact.
Sydney and Natalie, please be safe and take care of yourselves. I love you guys so much. Taffy, thank God you are at boarding school, because that means you are safe.
I hate how it's so quiet and peaceful right now. How the sun is shining just fine, because right around the corner, is the hurricane.
Hmm…
I can't wait until it's over.
Guess what?!
CHICKEN BUTT!
Sorry. Trying to distract myself. And find something to blog about, being that I haven't blogged in the longest.
Let's see…
What is there to say?
I have a lot of homework to do. Poop. That definitely puts a downer on my weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment