Wednesday, February 4, 2009

[Losing Trust]

I really fucked up today. 
Sydney, I finally got to see you!
But that wasn't the fuck up.
Today I was gonna stay at Sydney's school until 8:30 to see my sister perform in the color guard.
But I got out from school since 2:45.
And me and John had decided that we'd go eat afterschool.
Except I didn't want to tell my mom, because I was afraid that she wouldn't let me go. 
And so I said I was just going to chill around school.
But, in reality, John came to pick me up from school and we drove to a pizza place a few blocks down.
And, because I'm just that lucky, as soon as we got there...
my mom called me.
Except I couldn't lie to her about where I was.
And so I told her that I was with John.
And she freaked.
"It's not that I don't trust either of you...you should've told me where you were going before hand. How am I supposed to trust you now?"
Are you fucking kidding?!
I lied later and said that it was a spur-of-the-moment thing, and that it had completely slipped my mind that I should tell her where I was going.
I told him to not tell my sister anything, because she seemed really annoyed when she found out that I went and had lunch with him.
All the while, I feel so disillusioned about John.
I mean, I thought I had really fallen for him.
But while we [more he than me since I had already eaten lunch at school] were eating, we had conversation and all...
but I wasn't really enjoying myself.
Now, don't get me wrong, I like being around him...
but I guess it just wasn't what I expected.
I'm not sure what it was that I was expecting. 
But at the same time, I think that's partially my fault.
When I'm around him, I always try and tone down my excitement...and I make it seem like I don't care about anything that he says.
I mean, because I really do care about the stuff he says and everything... I just don't want to seem too excited because he'd probably think I was weird or something... I don't know.
That's not my intentions, but I guess it's sort of my own protection - I don't want to fall for him too hard...after all, he's going to leave for college soon.
Why get my heart broken?
I'm sort of confused now.
I'm really glad I saw you today Sydney.
Even though we didn't get to talk for too long, it made my day.
Love you.

2 comments:

ellie said...

sounds like you are so much more level headed about this guy than your mother would ever believe you. yeah, keep talking..no telling what you might find out about him.

Have a good weekend. Oh, I read Syd's blog..just in case you were wondering..who is this????

taffy. said...

feel better, babe.
give john up.