Monday, August 25, 2008

Overview

So, SJS has been treating me well.
I'm not what you call "popular", but who cares, right?
The friends I have made are good. They make me feel comfortable enough to be able to walk around campus and not get lost, and I'm glad I have someone to sit with at lunch.
The sucky part: not enough good-looking guys at the school.
There's this one guy, Sam. He's new, and he's in my advisory. I don't talk to him much at all, but he's pretty good looking.
I made JV2 team for volleyball. I'm not disappointed because I wasn't expecting anything greater.
Our first game's tomorrow.
I remember that I used to always make fun of girls who had to wear spandex shorts for volleyball...and now I'm one of them! Oh well. 
I've only been getting like 5-6 hours of sleep a night.
But, at least I'm getting my work done!
Yesterday I went to the Projekt Revolution 2008 Concert, which included amazingly awesome bands like The Bravery, Chris Cornell, and Linkin Park.
We were there since two in the afternoon, and since we got lawn seats, it was burning up! We were all sweating like pigs it was so disgusting.
But as soon as it got dark and the good bands came on, we got up and started jumping and screaming and dancing and singing and it was loads of fun.
Great way to start off the school week, no?
Oh, and the most amazing thing just happened to me.
Background: I had an amazing best friend from pre-k through 1st grade. Her name is Melissa. After our neighborhood got flooded badly once, her family moved far away. Nearly 7 years later, she comes, rings my door bell, and my brother answers. It was Melissa! I couldn't believe it. I was in shock the whole time - I barely said a word. She was always so fun and we would hang out every single day! I still talk about her sometimes, and I was so surprised when she walked through the door. I never expected to see her again in my life.
I'm still shocked. She's such a great person. We exchanged cell numbers so we can keep on talking. 
Today, overall, has been a great day. Even though I have to do homework, God has done enough for me. Thank you. 
Ha ha that sounded kind of cheesy, but I don't care!!! Amazing, are you?
Hmm...what else is there to talk about? If I wrote a blog post everyday, it'd be a lot more detailed than this one is coming out to be. This Saturday was our yearbook signing for my middle school. It was fun seeing everyone again - and at the same time it was sad. Afterwards, me, Syd, Nat, and Taffy went to the movies. Sam overheard and invited herself too. 
Taffy is leaving this Friday for boarding school, and she's having a "good-bye" dinner on Thursday. :[
I will miss you loads, Taff. 
Shake, shake... shake, shake... shake it!
I'm pretty brain dead right now and can't remember a single thing of what I have been wanting to blog about.

No comments: